Internet has been hard to come by, so I've been kind of off the grid but working hard! I have interviews planned for this weekend, had a great time yesterday in particular, I attended a GALA forum where we talked about everything from relationships to deal breakers to dating and I had a blast and met some AMAZING people (love my queer South African friends!). After the forum I interviewed the amazing Zee and she read me some of my work--I'm so inspired and have been working (researching and taking notes) and writing up a storm in my off time both thesis wise and even poetry wise. I am so moved and touched by the poets I've met, their words, their wishes and wants for their work-- I'm in awe of them. I then got a drink with Mantis and friends and of course to make you all proud and not out of character I talked about feminism and teaching and why I love what I do as a scholar, teacher, activist and poet. I love it here, I want to move here and live for awhile. I will do whatever it takes to at least come back soon and for a year or so. This weekend is my last in Joburg and I'm already getting sad but there is so much to do before Tuesday that I just have to maintain focus. I feel all of your love and support even though I've been out of touch. I'll try and update soon :)
All my love from Jozi,
Cristina
No comments:
Post a Comment